Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY: Sugar and Sesame Oil Face Scrub

 Quite often I get asked how I keep my skin soft, smooth, and moisturized. The answer simply is, I make sure to exfoliate, gently scrub away any dead skin cells, and moisturize at least once every three days. But then the next question is what products do I use?

In the past I have used many different facial scrubs and moisturizers that work great. But of course they can get quite spendy depending on the brand and size. Because I use a scrub every three days and moisturizer every day I didn't want to be throwing away a lot of money on these products. So what I did was find a recipe that could be used as a scrub and moisturizer in one. What I found was the sugar and sesame oil face scrub. It was simple, inexpensive and I had everything in my pantry.

This scrub, after using it once, made my skin sooo much softer. I love the products, but I lately have been loving this DIY scrub just as much. I don't know if I'll go back. Well at least to the scrubs anyway. I will be teaching you how to make and use this face scrub for best results. If you want to find out keep reading.

So there are only three ingredients in this scrub: sugar, baking soda, and sesame oil! What you want to do is mix these three ingredients until you form a paste almost like toothpaste. I usually eyeball the amount of each ingredient. What usually seems to work is

  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of baking powder
  • and sesame oil
you want to slowly add a teaspoon at a time of sesame oil until you get the right consistency. Mix it together until everything is evenly mixed. Once you have finished mixing you're done!

Now moving onto how to use it. It's just like any other scrub. Dampen your face first. Then massage a grape sized amount of the scrub all over your face for about 1 minute. Rinse off well. Pat dry then lightly wipe down your face. If you desire apply a small amount of moisturizer of your choice.   


1 comment:

  1. For me, I don't know if my
    face scrub is enough or good to my skin. I don't see any improvement at all.

    ReplyDelete