For anymore hair health tips you can check out my post on how to grow long healthy hair by clicking HERE!
- Make sure that before you bleach your hair that your hair is in good standing condition. I do not recommend bleaching your hair if it has been chemically treated more than 3 times before.
- The day that you bleach your hair make sure it is AT LEAST left one day unwashed. Two days would be better. This protects your hair from getting too much moisture stripped from the strands.
- Make sure to test a small section of your hair with the bleach first!!!! You want to know how your hair/scalp will react to the bleach.
- When you bleach your hair be sure to follow ALL the directions on the packages!
- Apply to the ends and body of the hair first. Then after 5-10 minutes apply to the roots.
- DO NOT wash your hair everyday!!!!! By washing your hair everyday it strips natural oils from your hair which can dry out your hair even further. You want to have your hair absorb as much oils as possible for the next few weeks. Also by washing too frequently the color will fade much faster.
- Avoid and more chemical treatments! Period end of story! The more you chemically treat it, the more damaged it will get.
- Condition as much as possible! Try and use a moisture rich conditioner. You can also use dry end serums and leave in conditioners. I would also suggest a hair mask once a week. There are many recipes you can find online.
- Avoid heated styling tools. This one is not the most important rule. I break it a lot. But the less you use blow dryers, curling irons, straighteners, and other things of the sort the better.